Filipina VA @ Your Service

Chronicles of my journey in becoming a world-class Virtual Assistant

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk Work From Home - Virtual Assistant - Jomar Hilario Seminar

Scam Alert #1

Photo from forexrobotnation.com
I want get as much gigs as a want. As long as I can still handle them and squeeze them on my free time. So, seeing VERY easy gigs in oDesk is like a trap and I fell for the first time.

How easy was this gig? It was a commenting job on Sulit, a buy and sell online classified ads here in the Philippines. So even if the employer is under a Peter Parker (Spiderman's name when he's not in his tight hero outfit) name, I immediately knew that he/she is a fellow countrymen. The gig was to comment on one of her products that she's selling in Sulit. Interested contractor must write a good feedback pretending to have bought the item (an Iphone 4) as a satisfied buyer. Easy right? And it's for a fixed-price of $2. I applied for it and got accepted. She (yes she's a a girl her Sulit account profile pic shows a woman who is named Margie Cristobal) explained at once on her first message what she wanted me to do. I did it without realizing that the contract was not started yet.I sent the link of my work to her and waited for her reply.



The next day, I received from oDesk an email informing me that my job application for this gig was canceled due to rules violated by the employer. I wonder what it was. And then I got a message from her to delete my comment because according to her I was a newbie who just registered in Sulit. Hello! I'm a member for 2 years already since I'm also a seller there. I wonder why that was her excuse. When I checked the link where I put my comment, this was what appeared to me:

from Sulit
She deleted her ad. She even told me that she'll pay me for my efforts. Well, she didn't. Talk about scam! So fellow VAs, beware! And make sure to start when you're already in a contract with the employer. Another lesson learned is never say a good feedback on something that you haven't personally tried or experienced.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Get to know me

Search

Promote Your Blog

Popular Posts

Followers

Free counters!

Total Pageviews